Monday 2 February 2015

Maine Native Amy Allen of Amy & The Engine Teen Vogue Feature

Photo Credit: Shervin Laine
South Portland, Maine native Amy Allen and her band Amy & The Engine has their latest single 'Last Forever' featured on Teen Vogue. You can go to Teen Vogue to listen to their new single 'Last Forever, have a listen at http://www.teenvogue.com/entertainment/music/2015-02/amy-and-the-engine-last-forever-exclusive-premiere.

They also had an interview done which is cool to see a Maine based band featured on a national entertainment site. Teen Vogue also has a magazine which come out with new issue every month.

Back in 2012 we had the great honor to interview this wonderful singer and her band.

1. When did you start singing?

    I started singing and playing guitar when I was nine years old (My first instrument was actually the bass!)

2. Was it your dream to be a singer?
    I never really dreamed of being a "singer," but even from a young age I knew I wanted to play music. However it wasn't until high school that I realized the powerful influence songwriting can truly have on others, and how recreating my own life stories could help me draw connections with those around me. Ever since I released my first album (as a senior in high school) I have dreamed of pursuing a career in songwriting.


3. Do you write your own songs?
    Yes! It's my favorite part about music! However, this summer was my first time "co-writing" a  song with a friend and I LOVED it! Having the ability to play off of someone else's emotions and experiences while writing adds a whole new dimension to songwriting! Most recently I have written a handful of exciting new songs with a close friend of mine, Leland Grant, from Nashville, TN!

4. Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
     I have always admired singer/songwriters such as Brandi Carlile, Patty Griffin, and Joni Mitchell! Their lyrics and vocal delivery are so honest and raw, which makes them incredibly easy to relate to. To me, that is the beauty and heart of great songwriting.

You can read more of our interview with Amy Allen by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment